Material Safety Data Sheet - U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration
May be used to comply with OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard
29 CFR 1910.1200.
Manufacturer: Betonamit International AG; Industriestrasse, FL-9491
Emergency Telephone #: 603-323-2323 Information Telephone #: 603-323-2323
Date Prepared: July 15, 2011
Section II - Hazardous Ingredients/ Identity Information
Hazardous Components: Calcium Oxide (CaO) ~75% by weight. CAS #1305-78-8. Permissible exposure limit per OSHA- 5mg per cubic meter of air. No skin designation per OSHA.
Section III - Physical/ Chemical Characteristics
Boiling Point: N/A Specific Gravity (H2O = 1): 3.1 Vapor Pressure (mm Hg): N/A
Melting Point: 2000 O C Vapor Density: N/A Evaporation Rate: N/A
Solubility in Water: Slight Appearence and Odor: Gray Powder, No odor
Section IV - Fire and Explosion Hazard Data: Not Applicable
Section V - Reactivity Data
Incompatibility (materials to avoid): None, but store in a dry
Hazardous Decomposition or Byproducts: None
Hazardous Polymerization: Will not occur.
Section VI - Health Hazard Data
Avoid ingestion, inhalation, eye contact and skin contact.
1) Skin and Eye Contact: Irritation and burn (Betonamit is caustic).
2) Inhalation and Ingestion: Alkali burns.
Emergency and First Aid Procedures:
1) Skin Contact: Rinse off with clean water.
2) Eye Contact: Flood with water and consult a physician immediately.
Section VII - Precautions for Safe Handling and Use
1) Wear safety goggles and rubber gloves and store in a dry place.
2) In case of spill, hose down with water.
3) Never fill into holes larger than 1 1/2" in diameter, to avoid blowout. (See technical manual)
4) Read technical manual thoroughly before use. Copies available by calling 603-323-2323.
Section VIII - Control Measures
Eye Protection: Safety goggles.
Protective Gloves: Ordinary rubber gloves.
Respiratory Protection: Ordinary dust mask is recommended.
1-800-629-2021 | (603) 323-2323 | Fax (603) 323-2322 | email@example.com